July 17

Hi everyone. Let me share a couple of lines. Mary and I are well...finally. Mary in late June was sick two weeks with COVID (4th time) and dengue at the same time. That is behind her now. COVID has been running rampant all across the island. Three Sundays ago we had nine families out due to sickness caused by COVID or some flu variant. Things are settling down finally. Our church attendance is climbing back up. Frequently we have visitors. It is encouraging.

A couple of Saturdays ago we had an excursion for all who wished to go. Aibonito, a mountain town on the east side of the island, hosts an annual flower festival. Thirty-one of us endured a 7 hour trip in a school bus. (We all about died! 😀) . We ate too much, and bought plants we didn't need and a few of us fell asleep on the trip back to Aguadilla in spite of the bouncing and joggling of the school bus.
                                                                
Next week is a two day VBS. Like last year, Kendra and Paul Jones and their son Eli from Robinson, IL will be in charge of the event. We will provide snacks and lunches at the end of the two hour, two day event.  Our children are excited and we hope all turns out well for everyone involved. 

Everything is flowing smoothly. Our teaching and preaching schedule shared by several is working well. Last Sunday, one of our sound men (who was a Christian DJ for ten years and now a university professor), preached. He did a beautiful job. His wife (also a professor) sang a solo that touched so many of us.  The song leader grew up in our church. (He is a medical doctor and beginning his second year of residency. His wife, a sweetie, recently graduated from college (Summa Cum Laude). He did a wonderful job leading us to worship from the heart. It was quite a service. I am very proud of the accomplishments of so many in our church. We are blessed with many gifted, committed people. What about me? What did I do that Sunday? I played the guitar and did the announcements and did my best to love people as best as I could. You may think..."That's it?" I couldn't be happier. Everyday I pray that the Lord will bring in new people; families with babies/children...(would be especially nice 😁) and leaders that would replace me when He is ready. 

Well, I am going to stop. I don't like long blogs. Short and sweet is best. Blessings to each of you.  


Johnathan and Mary


Click to enlarge the photos

African tulip tree seeds
(God never ceases to amaze me)

Codfish fritters
(Bacalaitos)

















No comments: